Recently, I cataloged the seeds that I’ve collected over the years. And I realized that I have a ton. Over SEVENTY (70) potentially different types, which are just way more than I would ever grow, in the current configuration that I have.
Rather than just let them sit around for another year, I’ve decided to offer them to aspiring gardeners and veterans who want to try a different strain of a favorite veggie. The cost of seeds can really make or break gardening for some people.
What do to:
- Look through the list, below, and decide which you’d like to try.
- Like the blog on Facebook (to the right). This is optional, but desired, for my ego!
- Send an email to email@example.com the seeds that you want (MAX 10). I will send you back an email, confirming that I’ve received your request. I will then give you my address.If I don’t respond after 48 hours, please email me again.
- Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope/package (SASE) to me, at the address I will provide. I will send you some seeds. I cannot afford to pay for postage.
- Optional: send me seeds that you think I might like, that I don’t already have.
I’m not asking for anything in return (seed sharing is totally optional). I already have my plants picked out for the year, and they’ve started growing. If this makes you happy, you can Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or subscribe to the RSS feed, in the right sidebar.
I cannot guarantee you’ll get the seeds you ask for; this is a first-come, first-served process. I’ll strike-through whatever I run out of, when I do the daily mailing. I have more of some than others; I only have one baggie left of some; others, I have an almost infinite supply. I also cannot guarantee viability. I’ve stored these seeds properly and I cannot vouch for how they’ve aged, in some cases.
Please share this with friends, family, or anyone you think might like seeds. Repost the link in forums, on Reddit, on Facebook. Write it on a bathroom wall, at the bar you go to this weekend (not really).
I am located in Maryland, United States, which might impact mailing times (damn USPS and not having teleportation). If you are located outside of the United States, email me to discuss. The postage just might not be worth it, for you.
This will run
through the first week of April, 2012. until I get tired of filling requests and/or I run out of seeds.
UPDATE 04/25/2012: Seeds that have a strike-through are no longer available.
|Seed Name||Plant Type||Year||Source|
|Mixed Color Marigold||Marigold||2011||Pack|
|Purple Beauty Bell Pepper||Pepper||2011||Plant|
|Red Beauty Bell Pepper||Pepper||2011||Plant|
|Cherry Bomb Pepper||Pepper||2010||Plant|
|Early Jalapeno Pepper||Pepper||2010||Plant|
|Feher Ozon Paprika||Pepper||2011||Gardener|
|Sugar Pie Pumpkin||Pumpkin||2010||Pack|
|Sparkler White Tip Radish||Radish||2009||Pack|
|Bush Early Girl Tomato||Tomato||2011||Plant|
|Roma VFN Tomato||Tomato||2011||WinterSown|
|Chico III Tomato||Tomato||2011||WinterSown|